24 Week Pregnant: Pregnancy Calendar
During pregnancy, you will feel anxious and worried about what will happen to you and your baby in these 9 months. Every week of pregnancy bring new bodily changes and we are here to provide you details of 24 week pregnant and you can get a lot of information about what to expect in every week of pregnancy. Here is a guide to your pregnancy journey.
Baby Development in 24 Week
The weight of your baby has increased to 600g and has occupied a space in your womb (uterus) and baby measures about 30cm from start to end. Your baby is developing patterns of sleeping and kicking and you may find that your baby starts kicking when you are trying to sleep. As the size of your baby increases, you will notice that these movements become stronger. Baby’s brain is developing rapidly. Your baby has still a long way to go and a lot of developments will further take place. But by this time, your baby is considered viable which means that if your baby born in this week, the lungs have developed to the extent that your baby has a chance of survival.
- Vitamin E is an important antioxidant and you need it throughout your life but your need becomes bigger especially when you are pregnant.
- Sufficient intakes of vitamin E reduce chances of preeclampsia.
- You need to have 15mg of vitamin E on a daily basis.
- Sources are green leafy vegetables like spinach, eggs, nuts and seeds etc.In week 24, try adding following nutrient to your diet
Some of useful exercise tips in pregnancy are:
- Before starting any exercise, warm up and after finishing any exercise, cool down.
- Try to stay active on daily basis. A walk of 30 minutes is enough for you.
- Avoid any strenuous exercise in warm weather.
- If you are joining any classes for exercise then make sure that your teacher is well qualified and is guiding you properly.
- Swimming can be a useful exercise as in swimming; water supports your increased weight.
- Walking is best exercise of all because it will put minimal stress on your joints.
- You can also choose to exercise using a stationary cycle.
Follow the tips to stay safe in second trimester of your pregnancy:
- Stays hydrated and drink lots of water.
- It is good for you to adjust your exercise routine. Some women in 2nd trimester may suffer from problem of congestion but it’s good to keep a check on medications that you are taking to relieve from such problems.
- Do not miss your antenatal appointments.
- Your doctor will suggest you genetic testing in order to check that where your baby is at risk.