We think that we have to wait to get attached and to make a bond with baby. But you will be surprised to know that you can start developing that bond with your baby even in pregnancy. Around 18 weeks of pregnancy, your baby begins to hear sounds of your body. When the baby is about 26 weeks, the baby starts reacting to sounds in the outside world. They can start crying if exposed to a loud sound. It is ways to form bond with your baby after giving birth but it’s a little bit challenging to form a bond when baby is in growing in your body. Don’t worry. Here are some ways that will help you in forming a long lasting bond with your baby. These ways are as follow:
- Talk and sing to your baby as baby can hear what you say. Hearing your voice will help the baby to get attached quickly once born. Once baby is born, your voice will be your baby’s favorite of all other voices.
- One easy and soothing way to bond with your baby is to gently massage your belly. Using an oil will make you and your baby feel relax. It will also keep your belly soft.
- You will start feeling your baby’s movements from about 18 weeks to 20 weeks. When you feel your baby kicks, rub your belly and you will feel that your baby responds you. It’s an exciting experience to feel that your baby responds to you when they feel the touch of your hands.
- You should try going for a walk daily. It’s an easy exercise and you can easily fit this in your daily routine. You will realize that on a walk, you will get time to think about your baby without any distractions. You can increase the walk time gradually.
- Antenatal yoga classes are a best way to relax and to bond with your baby. Yoga helps you focus on your changing body, the amazing work that your body is doing and helps you to pay attention to your growing baby. Yoga helps to relax mind and body both.
- Try to stay calm and relax. Do not worry too much. The healthier you will be both mentally and physically, the healthier your baby will be.
- You can practice to meditate with your hands resting on your belly in order to make your baby feel relax. The more you focus on bonding, the more your baby will focus on your heartbeat and will make a connection with you. Deep relaxing breaths will bring a healing focus inwards towards your little one.
When there is a healthy attachment between baby and the mother, the baby believes that the world is a safe place. Some mothers begin to feel the attachment as soon as they conceive while others start feeling the bond as the baby grows with time. The bond that’s formed helps to give a sense of responsibility to mother to take care of her.
How do you know if your baby is bonding with you?
When you look at your newborn, touch her skin, feed her, and care for her, you’re bonding. Rocking your baby to sleep or stroking her back can establish your new relationship and make her feel more comfortable. When you gaze at your newborn, she will look back at you.
Can my baby feel my emotions when pregnant?
When you are pregnant, your baby is exposed to everything you experience. … When you feel happy and calm, it allows your baby to develop in a happy, calm environment. However, emotions like stress and anxiety can increase particular hormones in your body, which can affect your baby’s developing body and brain.
Why is bonding with your baby important?
Bonding with your baby is important. … Bonding also promotes the development of connections between brain cells that are critical for learning; the growth of your baby’s body; and the positive development of your baby’s sense of who they are and how they deal with feeling upset. Newborns don’t know what they need.
We hope you understand about Bonding with your baby during pregnancy. For more content about pregnancy, labor and delivery complication, newborn care and positive parenting tips click on their relevant links.